AMERICAN RED CROSS LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION COURSE
Learn to recognize and respond quickly and effectively to emergencies and prevent drowning and injuries. Successfully complete the course to receive a Lifeguarding with First Aid, CPR/AED Certification. Ages 15+
- Students must pass the pre-course Swimming Skills Test on the first day of class:
- Swim 300 yards continuously using front crawl or breaststroke (goggles may be used).
- Tread water for 2 minutes using your legs only.
- Swim a distance of 20 yards, surface dive and retrieve a 10 pound diving brick, return to the surface and kick on your back to the starting wall holding the brick with both hands. Set the brick onto the deck and exit the pool without assistance within one minute forty seconds. (no goggles may not be use).
- Must register before start date
- Must be at least 15 years old by last day of class.
This course includes an online bridge portion of about 7 hours.
*New*- After you are registered for our Lifeguarding Class you can come to Sendero Springs pool for free during open hours to practice your skills!
* Lifeguards hired in 2020 that work 150 hours during the months of May-September 2020 are eligible for a 100% reimbursement of their 2020 Brushy Creek Lifeguard Certification Course fee. Brushy Creek Lifeguarding Opportunity