Trash / Recycling Information : Trash Collection / Solid Waste
Trash Collection / Solid Waste
Solid Waste Service Provider
Texas Disposal Systems (TDS) is the successful bidder for consolidated solid waste (trash) and recycling services for all District residents effective October 1, 2020. The Texas Disposal System trucks have their TDS logo along with their motto of "Leading the Herd in Superior Service." All District trash/recycling residential services are provided by Texas Disposal systems.
Please contact BCMUD Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-255 7871 option 1 with any questions or concerns.
Monthly Fee (no change)
Mandatory base fees for trash pickup will appear on your monthly BCMUD Utility Bill. Trash pickup is automatic and billed in advance. New customers will be billed full or pro-rated charges for the previous month.
Current Pricing (no change)
- Standard Service of one 96-gallon trash cart and one 96 gallon recycle cart is $21 per month.
- Each additional trash or recycling cart is $5 per month.
- Please use the Solid Waste/Recycle Request Form to request a change to your solid waste service.
Trash and Recycling pickup service occurs weekly on scheduled days shown below. Please have your cart to the curb by 7:00 am on your pickup day.
Brushy Creek South
Woods of Brushy Creek
|Brushy Creek North
Brushy Creek residents will have their trash cart manually picked up and loaded into a rear loading truck.
- Trash collections will occur one (1) time per week. This collection includes the 96-gallon cart provided, plus up to 6 extra bags or bundles.
- Residents may place up to 6 bags or bundles next to the trash cart at no additional cost. The bags can include extra refuse or yard waste such as leaves. Bundles may not exceed 4 feet in length, 3 inches in diameter (with respect to branches or limbs), or 35 pounds in weight. Bundles must be secured with twine/string or placed inside your own container.
- Please place your trash cart "wheels-to-curb" with the wheels and handle of the cart facing your home.
Bulk Item Pick Up
- Two (2) annual curbside bulk item or brush waste pick up services are available to each residential customer every calendar year at no additional cost. Request a Bulk Item Pick Up
- Bulk Item Pick Up services are scheduled on Saturdays only.
- Requests for Bulk Item Pick Up must be received by 3pm Thursday if same week pick up is desired. Otherwise, the pick up service will occur on the following Saturday.
- The volume collected is restricted to three cubic yards per residential unit. Yard waste must be bundled, tied, and cut into four (4) foot lengths, not to exceed 35 lbs per bundle. Limbs must be no more than four (4) inches in diameter.
- Refrigerant must be removed (written certification of removal by a licensed technician is required).
- Water heaters must be drained.
- Any wooden pieces must be free of nails.
- Soft metal, such as fence posts or basketball goals are acceptable bulk items.
Please note: TDS may charge an additional fee if items collected exceed the limits listed.
Residents can leave up to 6 bags of yard waste OR 6 bundles (or a combination of bags/bundles) OR 1 personal cart along with your standard garbage cart at the curb each week.
- Bundles must be:
- Cut & tied
- Must be less than 35 pounds
- Maximum length of 4 feet
- Up to 4 inch diameter sticks
- Maximum of 6 bundles
- Must be stacked next to the trash can
Stay in Touch with TDS via the Waste Wizard App