Solid Waste / Recycling Information : Trash Collection / Solid Waste
Solid Waste Collection / Solid Waste
Solid Waste Service Provider
Texas Disposal Systems is the successful bidder for consolidated solid waste (trash) and recycling services for all District residents effective Oct. 1, 2020. TDS trucks display their logo along with their motto: "Leading the Herd in Superior Service." TDS provides all District residential trash and recycling services.
Residents with any questions or concerns should contact BCMUD Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 512-255-7871 and select option 1.
Mandatory base fees for trash pickup will appear on residents' monthly BCMUD utility bill. Trash pickup is automatic and billed in advance. New customers will be billed full or pro-rated charges for the previous month.
SOLID WASTE COLLECTION AND RECYCLING FEES
- Solid waste (garbage) collection and recycling fees-
a.) The District shall collect the following fees for trash collection and administration for single family residences and duplex family residences with water service at the same address:
i) $23.31 for trash services (1 garbage cart and 1 recycling cart)
ii) $6.85 for additional garbage or recycling cart
3. Stop or restart trash service request administration fee - $15 per occurrence
4. Customers are responsible for the cost of replacing solid waste or recycling carts that are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed by abuse at a cost of $65 plus a $25 delivery fee.
Trash services occur weekly, and recycling services occur bi-weekly on scheduled days shown below. Residents should place their carts at the curb by 7 a.m. on set pickup days.
Brushy Creek South
Woods of Brushy Creek
|Brushy Creek North
Brushy Creek residents will have their trash cart manually picked up and loaded into a rear loading truck.
- Trash collections will occur once per week. This collection includes the 96-gallon cart provided, plus up to six extra bags or bundles.
- A cart must be present for bags or bundles to be picked up that are outside of the cart.
- Bags or bundles sitting alone (with no cart) will not be picked up.
- Customers should place carts on the curb or street out of the way of traffic and at least five feet away from vehicles, mailboxes, low hanging branches, or other hazards.
- Residents may place up to six bags or bundles next to the trash cart at no additional cost. The bags may include extra refuse or yard waste such as leaves. Bundles may not exceed 4 feet in length, 4 inches in diameter (with respect to branches or limbs), or 35 pounds in weight. Residents must secure bundles with twine/string (other materials not accepted) or place them inside their containers.
Boxes must be flattened and broken down correctly and must be placed inside recycling cart or placed to the side of the solid waste cart. As follows:
- If in Recycle Cart
- If on side of cart
- Must be flattened, bundled and tied together
- One bundle of 10 or less boxes per recycle pick up
* LITHIUM BATTERIES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE
- Customers must place trash carts "wheels-to-curb" with the wheels and handle of the cart facing their home.
Bulk Item Pick Up
- Two annual curbside bulk item or brush waste pick up services are available to each residential customer every calendar year at no additional cost. Request a Bulk Item Pick Up
- Bulk item pickup services are scheduled on Saturdays only.
- The person requesting the bulk item pick-up must be listed on the utility account.
- The volume collected is restricted to three cubic yards per residential unit. Yard waste must be bundled, tied, and cut into four (4) foot lengths, not to exceed 35 lbs. per bundle. Limbs must be no more than 4 inches in diameter.
- Refrigerant must be removed (written certification of removal by a licensed technician is required).
- Water heaters must be drained.
- Any wooden pieces must be free of nails.
- Soft metal such as fence posts or basketball goals are acceptable bulk items.
Please note: TDS may charge an additional fee if items collected exceed the limits listed.
Residents may leave up to six bags of yard waste OR six bundles (or a combination of bags/bundles) at the curb each week.
- Bundles must be:
- Cut and tied
- Less than 35 pounds
- A maximum length of 4 feet
- Up to 4-inch diameter sticks
- A maximum of six bundles
- Stacked next to the trash can
Stay in Touch with TDS via the Waste Wizard App