Solid Waste / Recycling Information : Trash Collection / Solid Waste
Solid Waste Collection / Solid Waste
Solid Waste Service Provider
Texas Disposal Systems (TDS) is the successful bidder for consolidated solid waste (trash) and recycling services for all District residents effective October 1, 2020. The Texas Disposal System trucks have their TDS logo along with their motto of "Leading the Herd in Superior Service." All District trash/recycling residential services are provided by Texas Disposal systems.
Please contact BCMUD Customer Service at email@example.com or 512-255 7871 option 1 with any questions or concerns.
Mandatory base fees for trash pickup will appear on your monthly BCMUD Utility Bill. Trash pickup is automatic and billed in advance. New customers will be billed full or pro-rated charges for the previous month.
SOLID WASTE COLLECTION AND RECYCLING FEES Update Effective 6/1/22
- Solid Waste (Garbage) Collection and Recycling Fees-
a.) The District shall collect the following fees for trash collection and administration for Single Family Residences and Duplex Family Residences with water service at the same address:
i) $21 for trash services (1 garbage cart and 1 recycling cart)
ii) $5.00 for additional garbage or recycling cart
3. Stop or Restart Trash Service Request Administration Fee - $15.00 each per occurrence
4. Customers are responsible for the cost of replacing solid waste or recycling costs that are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed by abuse at a cost of $65 plus $25 delivery fee.
Trash services occur weekly and Recycling services occurs bi-weekly on scheduled days shown below. Please have your cart to the curb by 7:00 am on your pickup day.
Brushy Creek South
Woods of Brushy Creek
|Brushy Creek North
Brushy Creek residents will have their trash cart manually picked up and loaded into a rear loading truck.
- Trash collections will occur one (1) time per week. This collection includes the 96-gallon cart provided, plus up to 6 extra bags or bundles.
- Place cart on the curb or street out of the way of traffic and at least five feet away from vehicles, mailboxes, low hanging branches, or other hazards.
- Residents may place up to 6 bags or bundles next to the trash cart at no additional cost. The bags can include extra refuse or yard waste such as leaves. Bundles may not exceed 4 feet in length, 4 inches in diameter (with respect to branches or limbs), or 35 pounds in weight. Bundles must be secured with twine/string (other materials not accepted) or placed inside your own container.
Boxes must be flattened and broken down correctly and must be placed inside recycling cart or placed to the side of the solid waste cart. As follows:
- If in Recycle Cart
- If on side of cart
- Must be flattened, bundled & tied together
- 1 bundle of 10 or less boxes per recycle pick up
* LITHIUM BATTERIES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE
- Please place your trash cart "wheels-to-curb" with the wheels and handle of the cart facing your home.
Bulk Item Pick Up
- Two (2) annual curbside bulk item or brush waste pick up services are available to each residential customer every calendar year at no additional cost. Request a Bulk Item Pick Up
- Bulk Item Pick Up services are scheduled on Saturdays only.
- The volume collected is restricted to three cubic yards per residential unit. Yard waste must be bundled, tied, and cut into four (4) foot lengths, not to exceed 35 lbs per bundle. Limbs must be no more than four (4) inches in diameter.
- Refrigerant must be removed (written certification of removal by a licensed technician is required).
- Water heaters must be drained.
- Any wooden pieces must be free of nails.
- Soft metal, such as fence posts or basketball goals are acceptable bulk items.
Please note: TDS may charge an additional fee if items collected exceed the limits listed.
Residents can leave up to 6 bags of yard waste OR 6 bundles (or a combination of bags/bundles) at the curb each week.
- Bundles must be:
- Cut & tied
- Must be less than 35 pounds
- Maximum length of 4 feet
- Up to 4 inch diameter sticks
- Maximum of 6 bundles
- Must be stacked next to the trash can
Stay in Touch with TDS via the Waste Wizard App
||Brushy Creek South
Woods of Brushy Creek
|Brushy Creek North