Water Conservation & Restrictions : Stage 2 Mandatory Conservation Schedule
Stage 2 Mandatory Conservation Schedule
In the event of Stage 2 Conditions, the following mandatory Demand Management Response Measures shall be taken in an effort to achieve a twenty percent (20%) reduction in daily water demand:
a) Residential Users shall limit landscape irrigation use to not more than two times per week in accordance with the following mandatory watering schedule:
|Recommended Watering Days
|Tuesday and/or Saturday
|Wednesday and/or Sunday
|Automated sprinkler systems shall be operated only between 12:01 am and 7 am on the authorized watering days.
|Hose-end sprinklers shall be operated only before 10:00 am and after 7:00 pm on the authorized watering days.
|Hand watering is permissible before 10:00 am or after 7:00 pm on any day.
b) Commercial, municipal and all other non-residential Users are subject to the following mandatory landscape use watering schedule:
- Tuesday and/or Friday only and only between 12:01 am and 7:00 am on such days.
c) Non-essential water uses shall be curtailed as follows:
- The installation of new landscaping plants and turf grass is discouraged.
- The hosing or washing of buildings or paved areas such as driveways, sidewalks, parking lots or other impervious surfaces is discouraged except to alleviate an immediate health or safety hazard;
- The watering of the ground around foundations is prohibited except in compliance with the Stage 2 watering schedule;
- The filling, draining and refilling of swimming pools, wading pools, jacuzzi and hot tubs is discouraged except to maintain structural integrity, proper operation and maintenance or to alleviate a public safety risk;
- Washing of any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane or other vehicle is limited to the use of a hand-held bucket or a hand-held hose with a positive shutoff nozzle. Vehicle washing may be done at any time on the immediate premises of a commercial vehicle wash facility or commercial service station;
d) The General Manager will initiate contact as appropriate with wholesale water customers, to discuss water supply and/or demand conditions and the possibility or implementation of pro rata curtailment of water supplies.