Home Activities : Cooking - Hummus
Lebanese Cooking with Lina
Lina usually offers a Lebanese Cooking Class at the Community Center, but TODAY we are sharing a recipe from Lina at home!
2 cups of chickpeas
3 cloves of garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup tahini sauce (No Tahini? Skip it or try a substitute)
1/2 cup of water
A drizzle of olive oil
- Add chickpeas, garlic, salt, and lemon juice to blender
- Next, add tahini sauce and water
- Pulse it a few times then check and scrape the sides
- Pulse again until it becomes creamy
- Transfer to a plate and garnish with olive oil
*If you are freezing the hummus, do not add olive oil until you thaw and serve.