Brushy Creek Pools : Aquatic Programs : Lifeguarding Course
American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Course
Learn to recognize and respond quickly and effectively to emergencies and prevent drowning and injuries. Successfully complete the course to receive a Lifeguarding with First Aid, CPR/AED Certification. Ages 15+
- Students must pass the pre-course Swimming Skills Test on the first day of class:
- Swim 300 yards continuously using front crawl or breaststroke (goggles may be used).
- Tread water for 2 minutes using your legs only.
- Swim a distance of 20 yards, surface dive and retrieve a 10-pound diving brick, return to the surface and kick on your back to the starting wall holding the brick with both hands. Set the brick onto the deck and exit the pool without assistance within one minute forty seconds. (no goggles may not be used).
- Must register before the start date
- Must be at least 15 years old by the last day of class.
This course includes an online bridge portion of about 7 hours.
*New*- After you are registered for our Lifeguarding Class, you can come to Sendero Springs pool for free during open hours to practice your skills!
* Lifeguards hired in 2020 who work 150 hours during May-September 2020 are eligible for a 100% reimbursement of their 2020 Brushy Creek Lifeguard Certification Course fee. Brushy Creek Lifeguarding Opportunity
3-Day Course Schedule:
Friday 5:00 - 9:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Choose your 3-Day Session:
$185 BCCC Member | $190 BCMUD Resident | $200 Non-Resident*
Contact the Aquatics Supervisor, Shelia Kieser, (512) 255-7871 x205 with any questions.
*Refund requests must be made to the BCMUD 7 days before the class or program begins