Camp CIT (Counselor in Training)
Camp CIT is for Teens who are ready to learn how to be leaders and future counselors. Each teen participant must be able to commit to the development of their leadership skills while helping guide, instruct, and set up games and activities for campers. CIT’s will also take part in special camp projects, field trips, college visits, community service, and more throughout the summer.
All teens will be supervised by our CIT counselor. CIT’s will learn what it’s like to be a counselor and have the skills and experience necessary for future employment and will also build relationships and enjoy a fun summer! CIT’s will be assisting with Camp Foxtail, & various sports camps, and will also learn lifeguarding skills. Each teen will learn First Aid and CPR skills during the CIT program. There will be extra activities and field trips planned that will require extra fees. This is optional and other activities will be provided if chosen not to pay.
Monday: Teambuilding and/or Field Trip (weeks vary)
Tuesday: Lifeguard Experience/CPR & First Aid/Swimming
Wednesday: Field Trip
Thursday: Swim Day-(District Pool)
Friday: Teambuilding and/or Field Trip (weeks vary)
Available Sessions Monday - Friday 9am-5pm
Session 1: June 4-8
Session 2: June 18-22 (Teen adventure trip to Six Flags included)
Session 3: July 9-13 (Teen adventure trip to Schliterbahn included)
Session 4: July 23-27
Session 5: July 30-August 3
Camp CIT Requirements
- Camp is for those entering into 7th grade-15 years old
- Fee for 1 Week Session: Member $150; Resident $155; Non-resident $165
- Instructor: Camp Foxtail Summer Counselors
- Bring a sack lunch and water bottle daily
- Complete Camp CIT Application to be accepted into the program prior to registration.
* Submit this form directly online
- Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis
* If accepted you will receive a call to notify you that you are cleared for registration.
Any questions, please contact Alex Owens at (512) 255-7871 x213 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.